Thursday, June 11, 2009

Greener grass over there

On Wednesday, Don emailed:
I can't believe it's only my third day back at work. It seems SO long ago that I was on the trail. I must admit that work seems so much easier now, though. I get to sit on my butt all day, I stay clean, smell good (at least relatively so) and have as much water as I want. Seems so easy compared to lugging packs up and down mountains and through deserts. And I get paid too!

I replied:
hm. as someone who's been having to sit on my butt all day long for the past 7 years... i think getting to walk all day long sounds pretty nice. altho the smell and lack of showers would drive me nuts.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i'd have to TOTALLY agree with you! The butt only gets wider w/ all that sittin'. ha ha
    hmm...i think at max i can go is 3 days w/o a shower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I remember having this conversation w/ you - about going a few days w/o showering...

    ReplyDelete