Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OY VEH!

Well now I'm glad I didn't update this sooner!

In a previous post, I said that Don might have to call it quits in early/mid July.

Then, the new plan was that Don would stay at work for a second week, but NOT plan on coming back to work until he finished the hike *unless* his boss contacted me to tell him to come back sooner.

The latest plan is that Don will resume his hike this Sunday (after our whitewater rafting weekend), but just for a week. That way, he can do the segment from Mojave to Kennedy Meadows before it gets too hot. Then he's back to work until things start to "calm down" (i.e., indefinitely). He's hoping that he'll be able to make enough progress at work to start hiking again when my parents visit in early July.

If things go well at work, this might actually be for the best, since the Sierras are currently a bit too snowy. And as he also pointed out, now he'll be around for my birthday! In previous plans, he would have been completely out of contact (no phone reception).

By the way, Don apologized for being such a high maintenance husband. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment